Sounds too good to be true, but while checking out the online services from the local library in Drymen, G63 discovered an amazing service, and an amazing app – Zinio.
Zinio for Libraries is a phone and tablet app that runs on both iOS and Android and creates a library of past and current issues of many popular magazines.
From gardening and housekeeping to music and sport; from art and photography to crafts and travel. Mens’ titles, women’s titles, cooking, computing, technology and much more…there’s something for everyone amongst the 120 or so titles on offer.
And seemingly limitless back issues of each!
While the app itself isn’t revolutionary, what it allows you to access for free is fantastic.
You do need to be a member of Drymen library (or your local library if you’re reading from outside the G63 postcode area) then follow these easy steps:
1. Go to https://www.rbdigital.com/stirling/service/zinio – there you can browse the magazines that are available and watch a tutorial video. Once you’ve had a look you can create an account – you’ll need your library card number or barcode.
2. Find a magazine you want to start with and click the cover.
3. Click the link to download the Zinio app for your device – iPad, iPhone, Android, or Kindle (HD or HDX only). Alternatively you can download the app from the links at the end of this article.
4. Click the blue ‘checkout’ button (don’t worry, you don;t need to pay anything!)
5. You can even check a box to get an email when the new issue of you favourite magazine is available!
6. Open the Zinio app on your device, log in, synchronise your library and enjoy your magazine/s 🙂
…oh, and did we mention it’s all free? Yup, FREE!
- Zinio – iOS
- Zinio – Android
- account set up and info – https://www.rbdigital.com/stirling/service/zinio