A RESTRUCTURED waste collection service is set to help Stirling Council meet the Scottish Government’s long term recycling targets to recycle, compost or reuse 70% or all waste – and limit landfill waste to 5% – by 2025.
The changes – scheduled to come into effect in Autumn 2016 – see the introduction of new blue and green wheeled recycling bins for plastics/cans/cartons and paper/cardboard respectively. Current brown wheeled bin will be for garden and food waste only, and the grey bin use continuing as the container for non-recyclables.
The existing blue box will be for rinsed glass bottles and jars only while the brown boxes and food caddies will be discontinued.
Don’t worry if all this sounds confusing – roadshows throughout the G63 area (listed below) will give everyone the chance to find out more and ask any questions. And as well as the two new wheeled recycling bins and stickers for each container, every household will receive a leaflet explaining the new service, a full service guide and a new waste collection calendar with start dates.
- Balfron Library: Thursday 16 June (2–7pm)
- Strathblane Library: Tuesday 28 June (3–7pm)
- Drymen Library: Thursday 30 June (2–7pm)
- Killearn Village Hall: Tuesday 5 July (2–7pm)
- Buchanan Memorial Hall: Monday 11 July (3–7pm)
• Further events will be scheduled throughout the summer call 01786 404040 for further information.